Senior Site Reliability Software Engineer
The original Rokt band got together in 2011. From there we’ve grown to an amazing global ensemble of over 170 people in Sydney, New York, Melbourne, the Netherlands, London, New Zealand, and Japan. We’ve crafted novel solutions for the Transaction Moment, in doing this we've disrupted the marketing technology industry, with impressive results. In 2019 we're investing $23m in new R&D which includes hiring 70 new engineers. Do you want to be our next generation Rokt'star?
As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll be working with our Rokt Platform team to help shape the future of how our Rokt services run at scale. SRE is a combination of software and systems engineering mindset focusing on building and running large-scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems.
Responsible for multi region Platform services and software that improves development velocity, reliability and observability, you will primarily focus on building further observability and reliability tooling whilst operating our core platform services that power Rokt.
You will work closely with other engineering teams and various tech stacks including C# .Net Core, Clojure, Python and Golang. Being comfortable jumping into a variety of languages and stacks is a must-have. As part of this role you will drive improvements in integrated & chaos testing, smarter canary releases, distributed architecture, application performance and many many more things.
Rokt utilises various tech stacks, including .Net C#, Clojure, Go and Python. With ever growing traffic and millions of data points every day. We run on AWS and across multiple regions with the ability to be Active-Active across all. We employ modern Event Streaming architectures to facilitate the flow of data between regions and downstream services to ensure our systems respond in a reliable and timely manner.
- We expect you to have a strong understanding of software engineering principles. Ideally development experience with one of the languages specified above or one or more general purpose programming languages. Good grasp on concurrency, data structures and distributed systems development patterns
- A strong understanding of Systems Engineering. Experience in AWS, Kubernetes in production and Istio are highly regarded.
- A good level understanding in modern Observability techniques. Including retries, circuit breaking, distributed tracing, anomaly traffic detection etc
- Be motivated, self driven in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with great communication skills
- Keen to always push the boundaries and think outside of the box
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
At Rokt, we’re big on microservices & automation. As we scale out more microservices we want to remain at a high level of reliability. We actively encourage innovation and love new and interesting tech to help us solve problems and run at scale while adopting industry best practice. To help us achieve our goals we also harness various modern tools including Bitbucket, Buildkite, Kubernetes and a variety of automation frameworks.
In return for your amazing skills we’ll provide new challenges, an encouraging team of forward-thinking colleagues and a competitive salary. We also have all the perks you’d expect, including employee stock plan, training budget, tech allowance, annual kick off in amazing places, (including Hawaii, the Blue Mountains, and Thailand in 2020!) and free lunches. There’s also sponsored social clubs including Microcontrollers, Gym, Basketball, Board Games, even Band. You could start your own club too.
Whether you love indie, pop, ASMR, metal, jazz, hip hop or classical, we’ll make space for you to be a Rokt’star. Get your application ready* and apply now.
(*no singing, or instruments required, promise.)
We recognize balance and difference is important in all business. We encourage you whatever your background, gender, religion or sexual orientation to apply. If you need other considerations or adjustments please highlight in your application and our Recruiter will be in touch.