Senior Software Engineer C#
The original Rokt band got together in 2011. From there we’ve grown to an amazing global ensemble of over 170 people in Sydney, New York, Melbourne, the Netherlands, London, New Zealand, and Japan. We’ve crafted patented software, and fought the law to allow all Australian software businesses to protect their patents (and we won!). In doing this we've disrupted the marketing technology industry and Australian patents for software as a whole. In 2019 we're investing $23m in new R&D which includes hiring 70 new engineers. Do you want to be our next generation Rokt'star?
We’ve pioneered an entirely new way for ecommerce companies to increase engagement with their customers in the transaction. With a strong foundation in place, our next step is to build creative new features on top of the core platform, which is where you come in. Bringing your awesome full stack C# development and innovation skills you will be:
- Crafting high quality, robust systems for the long-term with a focus on simplicity and maintainability.
- A custodian of your team’s codebase - shaping, moulding and evolving it towards our ambitious goals.
- Participating in code reviews, providing and receiving thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Taking responsibility for system health, managing risks and security.
The engineering group is growing quickly which means there are a couple of teams you could be part of, each consisting of 4-5 engineers. You will have opportunities to take on new projects. We actively support and encourage movement between teams and projects. Our technology serves thousands of requests every second and generates millions of data points every single day. More about our technology:
- We utilise various tech stacks, including C# (more and more on .Net core/Linux), Clojure, Typescript and Python.
- Our infrastructure is all hosted on AWS (we have no on-premise fleet) allowing us to scale as per demand.
- We employ modern Event Streaming architectures to facilitate the flow of data between regions and downstream services to ensure our systems respond in a reliable and timely manner.
- Agile development, Microservices, Serverless (sometimes), infrastructure as code, and as much automation as possible.
- We actively encourage innovation and love new and interesting tech, but never because it’s shiny, but rather because it helps us solve problems.
- We embrace industry best practice and place a heavy emphasis on strong interface contracts between our services which talk JSON or Protobuf.
- We harness various modern tools including Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Splunk and a variety of automation frameworks.
In return for your amazing skills we’ll provide new challenges, an encouraging team of forward-thinking engineers and a competitive salary. We also have all the perks you’d expect, including employee stock plan, training budget, tech allowance, annual kick off in amazing places, (including Hawaii, the Blue Mountains, and Thailand in 2020!) and free lunches. There’s also sponsored social clubs including Microcontrollers, Gym, Basketball, Board Games, even Band. You could start your own club too.
Whether you love indie, pop, ASMR, metal, jazz, hip hop or classical, we’ll make space for you to be a Rokt’star. Get your application ready* and apply now.
We recognise balance and difference is important in all business. We encourage you whatever your background, gender, religion or sexual orientation to apply. If you need other considerations or adjustments please highlight in your application and our Recruiter will be in touch.
(*no singing, or instruments required, promise.)