Product Marketing Manager
Rokt is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to be the liaison between Marketing and Product for the Rokt suite of products for ecommerce site owners and performance marketers. Reporting to the VP, Product Marketing in New York, this role will develop differentiated product messaging, drive impactful product launches and conduct competitive and market analysis.
You will be based in Sydney, Australia, alongside our product managers, engineers, architects, & UX specialists to encourage collaboration to craft value-oriented messaging for our products and services. You will have the technical breadth and depth to understand our products and technology at a granular level and the marketing skills to be able to tell effective stories that explain and convey the business-oriented benefits to customers. You can succinctly map business outcomes back to the Rokt suite of products features and functionalities, and vice versa. This person is extremely structured in their technical approach with logical writing that does not wade “into the weeds” of features but clearly conveys the top-level value to customers.
You bring several years of technical, marketing, and ecommerce business expertise to swiftly win credibility--internally and externally--as a subject matter expert. You love managing projects as you will play a key role in our Go-to-Market efforts launching products across our global business. This person is deeply passionate about driving product innovation and can clearly communicate (and secure buy-in) cross-functionally across the organisation. You will work closely with the broader product marketing and marketing teams based in New York to ensure our product offering continues to exceed our customer requirements.
You're a strong fit for this role if you are a structured communicator, with a solid background in relevant industries like martech, adtech and Enterprise Tech. You love to craft compelling stories in a fun and simple way, and you can balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test, learn, and improve. You're a self-starter and an organised teammate who thrives in a dynamic, results driven environment.
You will take ownership over our Knowledge Base, FAQs, Product Release notes, and internal communications around product releases and launches in order to streamline the customer experience and facilitate self-learning and self-service. In addition to being accountable for customer-facing content, you will help oversee and lead the production of internal technical product documentation geared towards our internal teams, with a focus on product marketing, product management and engineering. Lastly, you will take an active role in the content creation itself, establishing and iterating on best practices for all documentation processes in full alignment with the Product Marketing, Product and Engineering orgs.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in customer-facing technical writing and a passion for making a big impact on the overall company’s product knowledge.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the Product Marketing, Business Development and Account Management teams, including projected use cases, solutions, and applications that may be unique to certain ecommerce partners or advertisers.
- Translate technical value of Rokt suite of products to global customer base and interface with the APAC commercial teams in the field.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to distill and synthesise raw technical information into easy to understand customer facing content, maintaining the right balance of technical information vs marketing per use case.
- Work with the product team to plan the launch of new products and feature releases and run the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Deliver top quality, thorough product documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate technical mastery to design technical collateral, demos, webinars and other supporting materials consistent with the Rokt product positioning and company vision.
- Analyse data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies
- Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials
- Own and maintain a customer-facing Knowledge Base and possibly other in-product content to help end users (e.g., walkthroughs, first-time user onboarding screens, contextual help, new feature announcements).
- Establish subject matter expertise across the team for product knowledge, product usage best practices, as well as documentation and writing best practices.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital/ technology product marketing (or equivalent) role. Consulting experience, a plus.
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge of ecommerce and martech
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to evangelise products both internally and externally.
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high output working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually as well as engage in the detail.
- Structured thinker with clear, logical process.
- Strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Strong attention to detail, editing skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of technical documentation.
- A drive to learn quickly and constantly adapt to new challenges.
- Data-driven approach to prioritisation of writing efforts and validation of results (ROI).
- Customer focus with proven commitment to the product and customer.
- Project management skills including active management of project, communication of progress and delivery of outcomes on time, on budget at the required level of quality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – need to be a great listener to understand the needs of the business and can convert product specifications into clear and easily understood features and functionality for the marketing and sales teams.
Working for ROKT has many perks and benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee Share Scheme, meaning all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Training allowance
- Casual dress
- Generous paid time off policy
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
- Snacks, coffee and drinks