Software Engineer C#
We are looking for Senior Full-stack Software Engineers to help us realize our vision of transforming the e-commerce marketplace. You might join the Rokt Platform team building the suite of web apps and services that enable our internal teams and our clients to create, manage and report on their Rokt campaigns and integrations, or you might join the Presentation Engine team working on our front-line SDK’s, APIs and integrations that handle enormous scale.
As a Senior Engineer at Rokt, you will:
- design systems for the long-term with simplicity and maintainability in mind,
- be customer-obsessed with a commitment to high quality and robustness,
- take a proactive approach to problem detection and resolution,
- be a custodian of your team’s codebase - shaping, moulding and evolving it towards our ambitious goals,
- participate in code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback,
- take responsibility for system health,
- manage risks and security proactively,
- enjoy the ride while learning new things!
Your team (like most teams at Rokt) will consist of 4-5 engineers. Our team structure is flat; we actively encourage participation from the all team members in the entire engineering process. No egos. We communicate clearly, honestly and respectfully with each other. You will often mentor less experienced members of your team, contribute to design workshops, write lightweight but effective documentation and take an active part in all aspects of our Agile SCRUM process.
At Rokt, we’re big on Agile development, Microservices, Serverless (sometimes), infrastructure as code, and as much automation as possible. We actively encourage innovation and love new and interesting tech, but never because it’s shiny, but rather because it helps us solve problems.
We adopt industry best practice and place a heavy emphasis on strong interface contracts between our services which talk JSON or Protobuf. To help us achieve our goals we also harness various modern tools including Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Splunk and a variety of automation frameworks.
About Engineering at Rokt
Rokt's product and engineering team numbering 70+ is based in Surry Hills, with customers in the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and more. We are expanding rapidly, with a $25M projected spend in 2019 on R&D and many new engineers to join our team.
Rokt is one of the leading software companies to come out of Sydney having experienced 80% or higher year-on-year growth over the last several years. We are pioneers in the transaction marketing space and have no shortage of ideas to execute. Come join our team and become part of our success story!
Rokt is a global technology company with a unique transaction marketing platform. We help e-commerce operators optimise their customer journeys as well as monetise under-utilised portions of their websites. In the process we help performance marketers engage with and acquire customers at scale when they’re most receptive - just as they’ve made an online transaction from a trusted brand.
- 3+ years experience in commercial software engineering
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude
- Strong proficiency in building .Net C# services, APIs and workers
- Solid grasp of Web APIs and web fundamentals around HTML, HTTP, REST and browser differences.
- Solid craftsmanship skill set around best coding and testing practices, common design and architectural patterns.
- A demonstrable knowledge of data structures and basic algorithms
- Some exposure to managing CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Experience working in Agile teams and following SCRUM processes
- Openness, excellent communication and a willingness to learn
- A collaborative, team-oriented, no-fuss working style
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
Nice to have
- Amazon Web Services experience (Lambda, Kinesis, RedShift, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, etc)
- Familiarity with containerization and microservices
- Deep experience in React or Angular 2+
- Experience with event stream processing and message queuing architectures
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Conveniently located in Surry Hills next to Central station and close to Sydney’s best cafes and eateries
- Catered lunch provided 3 days a week
- Technology allowance
- Job related training inhouse and allowance for external training
- Global network with unlimited growth opportunities
- Employee share scheme giving employees a financial stake in the business
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Company gathering and celebration 3 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program