Technical Lead - Front-end (Permanent)
Fantastic opportunity to build great things at one of the fastest growing Australian technology start-ups.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our Integration Applications team (or Widget Team for short), and build out the front door to Rokt’s services.
As this framework gains adoption, it will continue to evolve and support new business ideas and user experiences - with you in the driver’s seat.
As a Technical Lead at Rokt, you will be responsible for your system's architecture, engineering design and code quality, whilst building a highly available, responsive, scalable and secure solution.
You will work closely with other leads and engineering managers on a daily basis, and will support them to motivate the team to drive toward our goals, while cultivating an open, supportive environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
Ideally, you will have strong leadership experience gained from within a software development team where Agile SCRUM methodology has been utilised.
Rokt is a well-funded team of extraordinary people pioneering transaction marketing, in offices around the world from where we started in Sydney to Singapore, London, New York City, Tokyo & many more offices opening soon. We have developed a unique technology platform and performance-based advertising offering that is used by businesses of all sizes to help them better engage customers in their e-commerce experiences and to acquire new customers at scale. Rokt’s customers include eBay, Expedia, Lyft, Uber, Groupon and others who use Rokt to acquire new customers via our growing partner network.
How We Work
Even as a startup gone global, we have kept our engineering roots in Sydney. We have a high calibre team of around 50 engineers but our team structure is flat. We actively encourage participation from all team members throughout the entire engineering process. No egos. This is a hands on role, where you are expected to cut quality code, participate in engineering workshops, conduct peer reviews and help troubleshoot issues.
At Rokt, we’re big on Agile development, Microservices, DevOps, and automation. Our various stacks (including vanilla JS, Angular, .Net, Clojure and Python) are all on AWS. We love new and interesting tech - never because it’s shiny, but because it helps us solve problems elegantly and gain a competitive edge.
You will ideally have the following:
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude.
- Solid grasp of web fundamentals around HTML, HTTP, REST and browser differences.
- Track-record of ownership and innovation on front-end codebases.
- 3+ years styling web front-ends using CSS, preferably with frameworks such as SASS, LESS.
- Capability around setting up and managing front-end build/packaging/minification pipelines using technologies such as Webpack, Gulp, Bower, RequireJS, etc
- Ability to articulate and communicate architectural trade-offs, challenges and solutions
- Experience conducting thoughtful and detailed code reviews.
- A natural bent towards continuous improvement, code quality and sound principles.
- Strong understanding of OWASP and security principles
- Experience working in Agile teams and following SCRUM processes
- An open, collaborative, team-oriented, no-fuss working style
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic forward-thinking technology environment
If you have these, you've definitely got our attention:
- Experience in modern front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Knowledge of SMACSS and applying sound architecture principles to CSS
- Experience with Protobuf based back-end services
- Exposure to public cloud products and services (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Contributions to open source projects or engaging technical blog post
Please note that only applicants with full working rights in Australia will be accepted.
A position at Rokt comes with an excellent list of benefits:
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Competitive Salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee Share Scheme, which means all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Company end of quarter training and global events multiple times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions