Senior Software Engineer (Big Data)
Rokt is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a small team of Rock star engineers.
You'll be part of a team that's passionate about the software and systems they engineer. We care deeply about providing simple, robust, reliable management of the data that drives Rokt's growth. We are keen to work with talented engineers in a highly collaborative working environment where we can augment each other's skill set.
You will be deeply involved in the design and implementation of systems to facilitate the flow, transformation and storage of Rokt's data; securely and at scale. This is a hands on role where you will be expected to contribute at every level of the design and implementation.
You will also be expected to bring extensive hands-on experience with AWS services such as (Kinesis streams, Lambda, EMR, Redshift) big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Storm, Flink and Hadoop.
You will be joining a team containing a range of programming language experiences including Clojure, Haskell, NodeJS and Python. We apply cutting edge technologies to various problems we are looking to solve.
You also should have worked in an agile environment and are familiar with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
If you are interested in joining our team please forward a CV and cover letter. Also feel free to pass on additional supporting material such as Github links and/or evidence of contributions to community software projects.
- 5 years of relevant commercial software experience
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude.
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies.
- Relational database design and management; SQL Server, Postgres, and/or AWS Redshift.
- Knowledge of alternative data store systems ("NoSQL")
- Strong background working on large scale Data Warehousing and Data processing solutions.
- Strong experience in Big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, Apache beam, Storm, Flink or Hadoop map reduce.
- Functional programming experience would be viewed favourably, but is not a requirement.
- Comfortable in a pair programming and collaborative engineering environment.
- Ability to anticipate the future requirements of a system and possible failure states.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Clear communicator of complex ideas.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Competitive Salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee Share Scheme, which means all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance
- Company end of quarter training and global events 4 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions