Technical Lead C#
We are looking for strong Technical Leads to head up high performance software engineering teams at Rokt.
As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for your system's architecture, engineering design and code quality and nurturing/mentoring your team of engineers, whilst building a highly available, scalable and secure solution.
You will work closely with other team leads and engineering managers on a daily basis, and will support them to motivate the team to drive toward our goals, while cultivating an open, supportive environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
Ideally, you will have strong leadership experience gained from within a software development team where Agile SCRUM methodology has been utilised.
Your team (like most teams at Rokt) will consist of 4-5 engineers. Our team structure is flat; we actively encourage participation from the all team members in the entire engineering process. No egos. This is a hands on role, where you are expected to participate in engineering workshops, cut code, conduct peer reviews and help troubleshoot issues.
At Rokt, we’re big on Agile development, Microservices, Serverless (sometimes), infrastructure as code, and as much automation as possible. We actively encourage innovation and love new and interesting tech, but never because it’s shiny, but rather because it helps us solve problems.
We adopt industry best practice and place a heavy emphasis on strong interface contracts between our services which talk JSON or Protobuf. To help us achieve our goals we also harness various modern tools including Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Splunk and a variety of automation frameworks.
About Engineering at Rokt
Rokt's product and engineering team numbering 70+ is based in Surry Hills, with customers in the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and more. We are expanding rapidly, with a $25M projected spend in 2019 on R&D and many new engineers to join our team.
Rokt is one of the leading software companies to come out of Sydney having experienced 80% or higher year-on-year growth over the last several years. We are pioneers in the transaction marketing space and have no shortage of ideas to execute. Come join our team and become part of our success story!
Rokt is a global technology company with a unique transaction marketing platform. We help e-commerce operators optimise their customer journeys as well as monetise under-utilised portions of their websites. In the process we help performance marketers engage with and acquire customers at scale when they’re most receptive - just as they’ve made an online transaction from a trusted brand.
- Proven technical and team leadership skills
- Experience working in Agile teams and following SCRUM processes
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude
- 5+ years hands-on full-stack experience in C# and web technologies
- Solid grasp of web fundamentals around HTML, HTTP/S, and networking basics
- Commercial experience with event stream processing and message queuing architectures
- Solid craftsmanship skill set around best coding and testing practices, common design and architectural patterns.
- Experience in data modelling, database design and query performance tuning
- A demonstrable knowledge of data structures and basic algorithms
- Familiarity with OWASP and security principles
- Openness, excellent communication and a collaborative work style
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
Nice to have
- Amazon Web Services experience (Lambda, Kinesis, RedShift, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, etc)
- Familiarity with containerization and microservices
- SCRUM master experience
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Conveniently located in Surry Hills next to Central station and close to Sydney’s best cafes and eateries
- Catered lunch provided 3 days a week
- Technology allowance
- Job related training inhouse and allowance for external training
- Global network with unlimited growth opportunities
- Employee share scheme giving employees a financial stake in the business
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Company gathering and celebration 3 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program